Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

We know you have questions. Not to worry, we have answers to help you make the right decision for your education.

These are answers to questions students often ask us. We hope that these will help you in making informed decisions about your future.

I am 16 and have just finished secondary school, can I gain admission directly into the University in UK?

No. You need to go through a 2-year programme in A-Levels or International Baccalaureate (IB), after which go can progress into the university.

I am 17. Can I go through A Levels?

When you are 17, a one year Foundation programme is recommended. This programme is for mature students that are age 17 and above.

Must I have English Language Proficiency before I can be admitted for a Foundation programme?

Yes. You can register for the IELTS conducted by the British Council or you may sit for Pearson’s Test of English.

What are the available pathways to study in Canada?

There are 3 pathways: A Levels (2 years), International Baccalaureate (2 years), and Pre-University (9 months)

How long does it take to acquire a Bachelor’s degree abroad?

It takes up to three years. But it is four years for some courses.

After my secondary education, can I go to study Medicine directly in Canada, UK or America?

In the US, medical degrees are only available at graduate level. Before you can apply to medical school, you need to complete at least three years (usually four) of ‘pre-med’ undergraduate study.The requirements for this are set by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Students preparing for medical school are required to take courses in biology, chemistry, physics and English. Individual medical schools may also have additional requirements. The system is largely the same in Canada, though some Canadian medical schools accept applicants who have completed only two years of undergraduate studies. Some also offer fast-track medical degree programs that take three years, rather than four.

Usually, in Canada or USA, a student will undergo a first degree in any biological science course. Thereafter, the student will gain access to study medicine as a second degree program. This is also applicable for law.

In the UK, there is no access for an international student to study medicine directly. But you can do a pre-med course for one year.

Need help with selecting a school or processing your overseas admission?